What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of natural health care that treats each person as a unique individual. The aim of homeopathy is to stimulate the bodies own healing ability. Established in Germany over 200 years ago by Dr Samuel Hahnemann, Homeopathy is recognised by the World Health Organisation as the second largest therapeutic system in the world.
What is the science behind homeopathy?
Homeopathy is founded on two principles:
1. ‘Like cures like’ This principal is based on the understanding that the healing response is automatic in living organisms. The body knows what it is doing and symptoms are the body’s way of overcoming illness. Hence “like” or similar medicines act as a stimulus to the body, giving it the information it needs to initiate or complete its healing work.
2. ‘The minimum dose’ This principal is based upon the desire to give the patient only enough medicine to initiate the healing process. Healing will then carry on, driven by the bodies own internal system – homeostasis. Homeopathic medicines are also given in minimum doses to reduce side-effects.
Why is homeopathy still popular despite the criticism from so called scientific ?
- Homeopathic treatment works with your body’s own healing powers to bring about health and well being.
- You are treated as an individual, not as a collection of labels.
- Homeopathy treats all your symptoms at all levels – emotional, mental and physical.
- Homeopathically prepared remedies, are gentle, subtle and powerful. They are non-addictive, and not tested on animals.